Friday, January 4, 2008

LOAD



I've been creating layouts for the Lay Out A Day at Big Picture Scrapbooking. I've been using templates so it's much easier than trying to think up a design - I'm so not creative like that. Give me directions on exactly how to do something and I'm good, otherwise it's boring straight lines and blocks. Oh well, do what you can do. I need to make resolutions about trying to expand my design skills to incorporate new styles. Try to go "outside the box". There are so many styles of my friends that I would love to emulate - Liv, (Lisa) Lexicam, Kimi-boo. These ladies are so creative and stylish. It makes me green with envy. I love to see their layouts because they are so good. Lisa (Lexicam) is now on a design team, Kimi makes tutorials so we can learn how to do things better, and Liv - what can I say. She creates. She makes freebies - papers, elements, you name it. She made a shutter plopper for everyone to use. If you like it please visit her blog - see my sidebar and pick it up. She's incredible and so generous. 
Alot of us girls over on Jessica Sprague's mb had a chat last night. What fun that was. I had to leave after 3 hrs as the battery on my laptop was dying, but others stayed for 6 hrs!! We started at 7:30 pm PST. Veevs joined us from England -she had to set her alarm to wake up at 3:30 am to get in the chat. That's what happens when you live half way around the world.
Here are a couple of layouts for the LOAD class.

The top layout is of my daughter Krystin and I at Disneyland, the bottom photo is of my younger daughter Jessica and her friend Danielle.

tfl

No comments: