Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm a CT at Scrap Matters!!!

Yippie! I can't tell you how excited I am that I was chosen to be on the creative team at Scrap Matters. There were over 60 people that applied and they chose 18 for the digi team and 5 for the hybrid team. One of the really exciting things is 3 others from our Jessica Sprague group were chosen also! Just goes to show how much we've all learned there. So I'd like to make a big shout out to Kari, Monique and Jamie for making the team also!
It's going to be a busy 6 months. So I should get lots of scrapping done during that time.

I have also signed up for Liv & Jess's Type & Writer class. I really hope I'm not jumping in over my head, but oh well. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? There are also a few of us that are getting together and practicing/learning new techniques. Veev's so generously volunteered to head up this project for us. So far we have worked on extractions and then Linda gave us a really cool technique for masking. It was so quick and easy. I would never have thought of it, so I'm really glad she did and shared this technique with us. Then on top of it she let us practice with one of her fantastic pictures from her Italy trip. She took the best photos on this trip. The scenery looked just like you see in the movies. The kind that look so serene that they never look real. I can hardly wait to see her layouts using these photos.

I finally got out my tablet and gave it a try. I wish there was a way to video tape me trying these things. If there were I'd be a very happy winner of America's Funniest Home Videos. I was working on the extraction I was trying, and here I am holding the pen over the tablet, my arm hovering over the tablet in the air, trying to get the pen to only touch down in specific places on the screen. With the loss of alot of my muscles I'm not as dexterous as I used to be. My hand eye coordination is just not there. My brain knows what I want it to do, but the arm is laughing at me. So I'm hovering over the tablet, arm shaking by now, hitting just about everything except the magic wand button in Photoshop that I'm trying to click on. So finally after 5 minutes of this I figure I'll just rest a finger on the tablet for balance. Duh moment again. After I thought why didn't I just hold the pen like I was writing on the tablet. Did I say I still haven't watched the how to video for the tablet?

So once I rested my little finger on the tablet it went much smoother and quicker. So the moral of the story? I figured I can rest my hand on the tablet as long as I don't pound on it. Resting is good Pounding is bad. I guess I really should watch the video and see how you are supposed to use the tablet. So much for me learning spontaneously.

I'll be posting my pictures for the next 2 techniques we are working on as soon as I've finished them.

Have a good day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheering for you!! Way to go Lisa!
Annie

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Congratulations!! You are going to have a blast! See you in class on Monday!!

Heather said...

I'm so thrilled for you, Lis. Can't wait to see what kind of magic you create at SM.

Jeanne said...

Congratulations, Lisa!! That's awesome and how great for you to have unlimited access to their great products. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

I've been away from the Spraground too long. But I'll work my way back as I've signed up for that class, too.

Sounds like you are making progress at least with your tablet. Baby steps, right?

Congrats again, the honor is well deserved! Hugs!

Carol said...

Big congratulations to you!!!

I am also in Type + writer, and excited but a bit nervous (our business is flat out atm).

Again CONGRATULATIONS!

Unknown said...

And you know I say thousands congratulations to you too!!!