Thursday, February 7, 2008

Weekly Challenges


Florida Album Cover

Anna Aspen Tissue Paper Alpha

Scrap Your Town
J Binder Frames

We have weekly challenges at the JS mb that Lexicam started for us between classes to keep our scrapping skills up and give us something to do. Well, Lexicam has had real life interfere and she has decided to discontinue with leading the challenges. So I got voted to step up to the plate and take on the leadership role of the leading challenges. There are a couple of others on the mb (Liv, Veevs, etc...) that will step up and lead challenges also.
 
The first challenge I came up with was Scrap Your Town. Since everyone on our mb is from around the world and the weather has been so crazy and we keep asking "Where do you live?" I figured that would be an interesting way to "See where everyone lived".  


Then last week when we were chatting the thought came up of doing a "scraplift". I thought that was a spectacular idea as I have zero creativity. I look at a blank screen and nothing at all comes. Sad but true. If I have another pic to look at great. I can take it and change it to what I might be able to use, but to start from scratch - torture!!!

I found the scraplift idea at Designer Digitals on their weblog. When I first saw the layout I thought of Lindsan whose style is simple and beautiful. A style I would love to be able to copy. I'm so proud of everyone on our mb who participated in this challenge. We have had more people do this challenge than any I have seen yet. I guess it was easy enough for everyone to do this lo. If you haven't check the gallery - be sure to stop buy and look at the wonderful work everyone has done.

Well, here are my los for the last challenge.

8 comments:

Chrystal said...

Oh I am so glad I found your blog! I LOVE your Florida page.. we just got back from WDW and I cannot wait to scrap all about it!!

Unknown said...

:D Thanks for the mention, girlfriend. Both your LOs are fabulous. I love how you did the photo in different colours. It is so vibrant and eyecatching.

I am still going to do the "Scrap your town" challenge. I just have to dig up some good photos. I think I have them on a cd somewhere. :D

Dawn said...

I am so glad you are getting us going each week...love your layouts!!!!

Ann said...

Lisa,
Great LOs. Thanks for the great challenge.

Jackie said...

Oh love your Disneyland lo..and of course your daughter too.....very nice

Kari said...

Love, love all of your LOs!! I need to do Disney cover, too, for our Disney album from this past year and this gives me a GREAT idea!! Thanks for carrying on the challenges - you are awesome :)

LivE said...

Hey there Lisa, I love your layouts (you know from the love I left on our gallery for you!) Your blog called out to me, so I came... and left you a tag! LOL!!! Please come to mine and check it out... ;) Love ya, GF!

Unknown said...

Lisa, what program do you use to organize your digital kits, etc. ? I'm wondering if I really need to purchase Shoebox... or can I get away with iPhoto?